Magento Contribution in eCommerce Development
The vision of Magento eCommerce Web Development
In the upcoming future where the customer experience is paramount, and all retailing commerce would be eCommerce,
Adobe enables the world’s best brands to deliver the world’s best commerce experiences.
The founding principles of Magento are:
It is a global force in eCommerce with Webarian Softwares, Top platform as an internet retailer, Gartner Magic QuadrantTM for Digital Commerce, and the largest e-commerce system.
Why Magento is a market leader in eCommerce?
The leadership position of Magento is due to its open-source availability. It is a strong, and global developer ecosystem which leads to a lower total cost of ownership. It is a lucrative economy for business which results in a faster time to market. It can act as an external contribution to the product which leads to rapid innovation and support growth. Magento Contribution in eCommerce Development.
|No need for a license
|Comes with license and support
|No customer support
|Can develop an enterprise-level application
|Foundational building block for small businesses
|Build on the foundational Magento OS for delivering premium capabilities to support growth
Common Myths Related To Magento Open Source
- It is a very popular myth that Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source deliver the same level of features and functionality
- You can run commerce sites using the Magento Open Source as well
- Open Source is not always a cheaper solution
- Merchants have more operational burdens in Magento OS in comparison to Magento Commerce
Pain Points in Magento Open Source
1. Limited Growth
- There are no features that support growth such as content, promotion personalization, and B2B commerce capabilities
- When traffic on the site increases it can lead to performance issues
2. Long Term Cost
- Easy to set up in starting but require more customizations and extension in the future
- Implementing capabilities of Magento Commerce and ongoing maintenance can result in more Time to Market (TTM) and Total cost of ownership (TCO)
3. Operational Inefficiency
- You will require Magento Developers for daily operations
- Manual processes for implementing content or changing prices
- Don’t come with Adobe Sensei powered capabilities
4. Business Risk
- No technical support for fixing issues or bugs
- DIY cloud infrastructure with DDoS protection, WAF, and PCI compliance
- Lacks Business Intelligence
Magento Commerce Abilities
1. Superior Shopping Experiences
Get the best level B2B and B2C customer shopping experience which can accelerate sales on every channel
2. Intelligent Commerce
Optimize Business outcomes, insights, processes, and intelligent experiences.
3. Business Agility
Agile omnichannel commerce comes with the flexibility to sell & deliver anywhere, and support many different digital business models.
4. Open & Scalable
Highly innovative and grow with lower Total cost of ownership (TCO). It is a highly scalable, reliable, and secure platform.
What Extra Features You Get with Magento Commerce that Magento Open Source Lag?
Here are some features:
1. Account Management & Support
- Tech Support for custom engineering
- Customer Success manager
- Cloud Onboarding Specialists
- 3rd party claims protection for copyright infringement or patent
2. Growth Driving Capabilities
- Smart Product Suggestions
- Drag-and-drop content management with Page Builder
- Content Staging, Preview & Scheduling
- B2B & B2E eC4ommerce strengths
- Visual Merchandising
- Upsell, Cross-sell, and advanced segmentation
- Business Intelligence
3. Scalable Cloud Infrastructure
- Magento Optimized Cloud Infrastructure
- Hosting based on AWS or Azure
- Database Scalability & Split Architecture
- Fastest CDN
- Performance Monitoring Tools
4. Platform Security
- PCI Compliant
- Protection against DDoS
- Web Application Firewall
Commonly Asked Questions
1. Do you use Magento OS and if yes then which version?
If you use Magento 1 then you must immediately migrate to Magento 2. If you are using Magento 2 then you can focus on business growth and long-term goals.
In case you are not using Magento Commerce, then you must focus on steering conversation towards goals, strategic vision, and what is your mission in this business.
2. Do you have any partner or you are handling all development & implementation in-house?
Recommendation by the agency will influence your decisions and Open-Source merchants working with non-certified developers will be a challenging opportunity.
3. How do you operate your business?
Identify the aligns of your business with the Magento Commerce strength such:
- By which channels you sell through?
- In which demographic regions you operate?
- Which business model do you operate such as B2B/B2C or Hybrid?
4. What is your aim for your business after 5 years?
Magento Commerce is not a short-term solution. It meets your long-term needs. It will prioritize your growth and will help in expanding to new markets.
Related Links :